Ministry Insights uses a process
and provides tools
to facilitate a successful staffing experience for your ministry, company, or organization.
We Provide a Process
The process equips you and your team to take these 3 steps to fit the right people into the right position:
- Understand the strengths needed in the job
- Define the strengths needed in the position for superior performance
- Identify which candidates are best suited for the position based on their natural strengths
We Provide Tools
We provide tools to facilitate this proven process. These resources walk you and your team through each step staffing to successfully place candidates best suited to their respective positions.
Use the Successful Staffing Guide, a free download that guides you through the process of understanding a position, defining it, and then selecting the best candidate based on strengths
Use Position Insights Profiles to helps you and your team define a position and the strengths needed to fulfill it well – before the recruiting process starts.
Have candidates complete the Leading From Your Strengths Profile to identify their strengths and what they can bring to the position.
About Position Insights Profiles
Position Insights Profiles establishes the strength-based job benchmark for any position — paid or volunteer. They are detailed, 12-page reports compiled and presented instantaneously after a small committee of stakeholders completes a simple questionnaire focusing on the strengths demands of the job itself (not the strengths of the person who will perform the job.) The report identifies the strengths needed for each position in your ministry, specifically in four key areas:
- Solving problems
- Influencing others
- Responding to the pace of the environment
- Following rules and procedures
The questionnaire consists of 40 statements about the job. Each statement is followed by 6 boxes arranged as a continuum from “extensive” to “very limited.” Each committee member individually ranks one block at a time, in relation to their feedback about the job. Together, the committee gains a consensus about each statement and proceeds to the next block until all blocks are completed.
It’s that simple.
The profile report
The Positions Insights Profile includes the following:
- A graph of the behavioral profile of the position
- A written summary of the position, including an overview of the strengths needed for the position
- Success Insights Wheel, demonstrating the strengths an ideal candidate would bring to your team
- Detail pages of the requirements in the position for each of the four key behavioral areas (Problems and Challenges, People and Information, Pace and Change, Procedures and Rules).
Combining the Profiles
Predictable issues and conflicts can be avoided if the recruiting team or leader assesses how much “strength” or intensity of each one of four key factors is needed for a person to succeed in the job. After completing the Position Insights Profile and identifying these four issues required by the position, your recruiting team can invite candidates to complete the Leading From Your Strengths Profile. Results can then be used to compare a candidate’s strengths in those four areas to the strengths most needed in the position.
How Position Insights Profiles can help in the staffing process
- Build consensus. Your team can reach agreement about expectations for positions and candidates.
- Foster clarity. Your team can create a comprehensive report on the behavioral demands of a position.
- Outline expectations. Your team can gain insight into the unwritten expectations of each position.
- Cultivate longevity. You can reduce staff turnover by matching the position with the ideal candidate.
- Evaluate ministry-wide. You have flexibility to evaluate and fill any position.
When to Use Position Insights Profiles and the Staffing Guide
- Conflict resolution
- Performance review
- New hire orientation
How to Order Position Insights Profiles
Profiles (made up of an online questionnaire and subsequent report) can be purchased at this website using an email address and a valid credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express). Your personal information is safe through our secure shopping cart system. Take these steps:
- Complete the consensus questionnaire (from the Staffing Guide) with your committee.
- Click on “Add to Cart” at the right to select a profile or set of profiles.
- Fill out the online order form completely. Billing information needs to match the credit card’s billing address to complete your order.
- View and print your receipt displayed onscreen at the end of the checkout process. You’ll also receive a copy by email.
- Look in the email for your single-use password code, which you will use to transfer consensus questionnaire responses online.
- Once you complete the online questionnaire (in 10 minutes or less), results will be delivered immediately to your inbox.
- Your credit card statement will show charges to Ministry Insights or Insights International.
Related Resources to Equip You to Lead From Your Strengths
Leading From Your Strengths Profile
Every person participating in the team building processshould take and print the Leading From Your Strengths Profile. This quick and simple online assessment, you will immediately receive a comprehensive, objective, and personalized report, where you will gain tremendous insight into your natural strengths and how those strengths are operating in your life.
Click Here to Learn More
Leading From Your Strengths – Building Close-knit Ministry Teams
This book incorporates the Leading From Your Strengths Profile and illustrates key leadership and team principles in a clear, informative and entertaining manner. You’ll gain a greater understanding of your unique God-given strengths, the strengths of others on your team and how you will benefit by blending those strengths.
Free Shipping $14.95
Click Here to Learn More
Team Building Discovery Kit
The Leading From Your Strengths Team-Building Discovery Kit is the versatile and powerful turn-key curriculum that is designed to help you and your team better understand your unique strengths and how to blend and build those strengths.
- 10 one-hour training modules
- DVD teaching featuring Dr. John Trent and Rodney Cox
- Poster-sized LFYS “Strengths Wheel” to capture and compare your entire group’s strengths
- Discount codes for participants’ on-line assessments
- Audio book of Leading From Your Strengths
- Memory aids for future team growth
Note: 3-5 day delivery
On Sale $179.95 (Retail $249.00)
Click Here to Learn More
What People Say
“We used the profiles as part of the final short listing candidates when we recruited our newest staff member. They were invaluable. Even the unsuccessful applicants thanked us for the report.”
Arrow Leadership, Australia
“Thank you so much for teaching at New Staff Training. As always your sessions gain high marks with the incoming staff and this year with over 300 new staff members I am grateful for how God has gifted you to teach people how to embrace and lead from their strengths. Your openness to share has impacted this ministry greatly.”
Mona Patel, YoungLife
Position Insights Profile FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q. What is the difference between Position Insights Profiles and Leading From Your Strengths Profiles?
A. The Position Insights Profile is a 12-page report that provides a clear and accurate picture of the behavioral demands of a specific job or position. It is completed by a recruiting team answering questions about the strengths demands for a job – not an individual. In contrast, the Leading From Your Strengths Profile is a personalized, 20-page report that captures the strengths of an individual after that person fills out a 10-minute questionnaire. It is a tool that can be used to compare candidates’ strengths to the strengths needed in the job in order to select the best person for that person.
Q. How can the Successful Staffing Guide benefit my team?
A. The Successful Staffing Guide is a free resource which thoroughly explains how to create a position profile for a specific job. The Guide outlines how to go through the recruiting process step-by-step.
Q. Who provides input in creating a Position Insights Profile for a particular position?
A. You can select who contributes to the process. We recommend you identify a small group of 3-5 invested stakeholders, including the hiring manager, position supervisor, current person in the position who is exceeding expectations, and 1-2 people who the position will serve.
Q. Must I use both the Position Insights Profile (to create benchmark strengths) and the Leading From Your Strengths Profile (for potential candidates) in order to successfully fill a position?
A. No. While we urge you to use both tools for the best possible results, the two profiles can be used independently in the candidate selection process.