Use this team devotional as a short Bible study or exercise during one of your regular team meetings.
For You From the Word
Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. (Hebrews 3:13, NIV)
For You To Think About
Read Hebrews 3:13 aloud together.
Encourage Each Other
- The word “encourage” used here implies coming alongside another to urge them on. Think of a situation in which a team member encouraged you. How did you feel?
- Why is encouragement so powerful?
Encourage Each Other Daily
- The writer of Hebrews cautions us to encourage each other daily in order to prevent our hearts from hardening. Why can it be easy to begin to take for granted each other’s strengths – and what can happen when we do? Give a clear example.
- Why does God specify that we are to encourage each other daily, rather than just once in a while?
Encourage Each Other Today
- Think back to the time when you first learned about your team’s strengths. What was one strength in another team member that had special meaning for you? Share your thoughts with the person and with the group.
For You To Pray
Thank you for the strengths represented on this team. Today, I especially thank You for [allow team members to give thanks for specific strengths represented on the team.]
Help us to encourage one another. We do not want our team to become hardened to each other but rather we want to be soft and open to each other so You can use us best. Remind us daily to appreciate the strengths You have placed on this team. Begin with me.
In Jesus name, Amen.
More Team Building Tools